Summer Reading Requirements
Checklist for students entering AP Literature:
- (REQUIRED) Acquire and read your 2016 Common Reading Experience title.
- (REQUIRED) Acquire and read Moby Dick, by Henry David Thoreau (Borrow a copy from the school, purchase a copy on your own, or procure through public domain on the Internet.)*
- (REQUIRED) Read a book from the 2016 Suggested Summer Reading List.
- (REQUIRED) Complete the Online Book Review Form for your title from the Suggested Summer Reading list title to receive credit.* Students will also be entered into Dr. Smith’s Summer Reading Challenge (See WakefieldReads for more information and for potential prizes).
- (REQUIRED) AP Literature Assignment
- (REQUIRED) All students must sign a contract stating that have they received the summer reading assignment directions. When students arrive/register in guidance over the summer, they must also sign a sheet stating that they have received the summer reading directions. Students registering at any time on or before the first day of school must complete all required summer reading expectations within a reasonable timetable determined by the student, ELA teacher, and administrator.